Your present circumstances don't determine where you can go; they merely determine where you start.
Nido Qubein

Someone's sitting in the shade today because someone planted a tree a long time ago.
Warren Buffett


Wednesday, February 4, 2009

Disaster Averted

Well you will all be pleased to know that we nearly had a disaster this morning and it was narrowly averted by the quick thinking and persistance of one Sarah Little. Apparently Sarah was in grave danger of STARVING TO DEATH before 8am this morning (a fate I suspect that neither of us will experience anytime soon).

Quick thinking Sarah spent most of the night (or so it felt) licking my face, sitting on my head and head butting my nose (which I might add is a great way to wake up). As many of you know waking me up is no easy feat and is not to be attempted by the meek. Sarah the Brave didn't let up, she nimbly avoided my swinging hands and turned a deaf ear to my growls. She is obviously a warrior in the fight against sleep and starvation. Maybe she is just channelling my Mum or Granny when she comes to let me know it is bedtime around midnight and I must admit that I don't always listen (ok, rarely listen), and then she wakes me in the morning.

Is it childish that after I've fed her and she's gone back to bed that I go in and poke her every 15 min to wake her up?

My other concern is our water intake, I don't think either of us drink enough water, I've now discovered why. I'm not a fan of water and I just don't drink it, Sarah on the other hand would like more of a variety when it comes to water containers. She really likes the bathtub and is particularly pleased when I fill something container up and leave it in the bottom of the tub. In fact when I go to the bathroom she comes in to check and point out that said container isn't there. Her most recent find is an ice cream container that I've been using to clean and dust, she really wants to drink out of that and gets huffy when I suggest she doesn't. I guess I should just be happy that she hasn't decided the fish bowls would be a good source of water.

No comments: