Your present circumstances don't determine where you can go; they merely determine where you start.
Nido Qubein

Someone's sitting in the shade today because someone planted a tree a long time ago.
Warren Buffett


Tuesday, January 22, 2013

After a wonderful Christmas which nearly happened very differently as when I arrived in Calgary I realized that I had left my passport at home. Luckily, my angel of a neighbor sent it to me at Mum and Dad's in time for us all to go down and spend a fantastic Christmas with Shannon, Giles and girls.  We came back and had a great New Year with Mum and Dad and their friends and a special friend of mine.


This is Teego, who belongs to a good friend who lives in Courtenay too. She and her husband were away for Christmas and New Year so he came to stay with us for a few days.

Anyway, I rushed back for an appointment with the Gastroenterologist and arrived late and then was up early in the morning for my 9am appointment, I was just about to leave when I got a phone call from his nurse telling me that the appointment had to be cancelled because he was sick.  GRRR

Realizing that I could be waiting weeks or months for another appointment I made arrangements to go back to work on the 21st of January.  No sooner had I made those arrangements, I got a call for an appointment with the Dr. on the 22nd of January!  Thankfully Michelle at work is very understanding and I made it clear when I said I would come back that I would be having short notice appointments and that I would have to take off work to go to them.

Appointment with Dr. Ali on the 22nd was scheduled for 1:05pm and when I got there before 1, I was informed that he wasn't even in the office yet and there were five people ahead of me. I was there for 3 hours waiting but when I saw him he was very good. He was very surprised that I hadn't been on any medications for my crohn's and he immediately said that he would like to put me on Remicade. He wants me to finish the antibiotics that I've been on and then go for a CT scan, blood work, a chest x-ray and a TB test.  Looks like I will be busy in the next few weeks.

No comments: