Your present circumstances don't determine where you can go; they merely determine where you start.
Nido Qubein

Someone's sitting in the shade today because someone planted a tree a long time ago.
Warren Buffett


Tuesday, January 29, 2013

TB Test

This morning was the TB test, it is needed because Remicade is an immunosuppressant and if I have TB the Remicade will make it worse. I've had several TB tests over the years, so I'm not worried.  I went to the clinic this morning and though the woman on the phone said that the test would cost $40, the nurse said that it wouldn't cost as it is ordered by a Dr. and that they do lots of these tests for drugs like Remicade. She also pulled up my records and suggested that I get a pneumonia shot and tetnus shot, and that I should check to see if I've had my final Hep B shot. I'm pretty sure I've had it as I had to have the Hep B shots for school and if I hadn't got it, they would have let me know and made me get it.  For the TB test they put a little blister of something under your skin and wait two days to see if it reacts.  So I have to go back on Thursday to have it read.

No comments: