Your present circumstances don't determine where you can go; they merely determine where you start.
Nido Qubein

Someone's sitting in the shade today because someone planted a tree a long time ago.
Warren Buffett


Sunday, December 30, 2007

December 30, 2007

Today I went to church, they had a donkey there, well two if you count the one in the creche, but this one was a real live donkey. There was a Mary and a Joseph and a baby Jesus who was suspiciously stiff, but the donkey was real. Mary's daddy had to come and give the donkey a big boost to overcome his stage fright, but he/she was very well behaved, I wished some of the kids could have been there to see it, it was very neat. It made me think of the journey that Mary and Joseph had to take home with their new baby, they always talk about the trip at church and the donkey almost seems like an afterthought. Today made me think about the donkey carrying Mary to Bethlehem, and then their gear on the way home was no small feat. Aside from the walking, it was probably fairly difficult to get the donkey to cooperate the whole way. A new dimension to an old story.

Tonight I went to the movie P.S. I Love You. Wow, I thought I was doing very well, and then I cried through the last half of the movie. Thank goodness the friend I went with cried too, and I could hear many sniffles through the theatre. Maybe part of what was making me cry was that I paid $3.50 for a small drink!

No comments: