Your present circumstances don't determine where you can go; they merely determine where you start.
Nido Qubein

Someone's sitting in the shade today because someone planted a tree a long time ago.
Warren Buffett


Monday, December 24, 2007

Grey Cup Christmas Eve!!

Today, we all got an early Christmas present, Neal Hughes, #32 with the Grey Cup Winning Saskatchewan Roughriders came to work to show off the cup. I'm not a huge football fan, but I must admit that being in Regina during the season made me a bit of a fan, I actually watched the last two games in their entirety! Fortunately during the Grey Cup game I was at work and had a wonderful resident who was very patient in explaining to me what was going on and what different calls meant. I even braved the crowds and bought myself a Saskatchewan Roughriders t-shirt to wear during the game (I think they throw you out of Regina if you don't own at least one Riders shirt).


I really wanted the cup to come for one of our residents who wore green from about September on, but there were some issues because we were on outbreak at the time. A few phone calls and some very kind people resulted in us getting the cup in our front entranceway. Neal Hughes who came with the cup was (apart from being VERY nice looking) was so kind with the residents and patiently stood for all kinds of photos. I admit that I got quite cause up in the excitement and here is the result.




Only pretending to drink out of the cup as there was some suspicious looking residue in the bottom.


The Recreation staff, Alyssa (who is a Riders cheerleader), Me, Neal Hughes, Michelle (the acting supervisor), and Connie.


1 comment:

B said...

Cool, nice picks. Tell Alyssa that Owen calls Brittany his "girlfriend", she is more like a step Auntie but hey he enjoys saying girlfriend. She was at our house for Boxing Day and Sasha would not leave her side. They even cuddled on the couch together. The kids all got rider gear and sasha slept in hers.

Take care