Who knew that it would be so difficult to find a cat kennel, one of the bigger pet stores in town doesn't have any soft sided ones. I had checked the West Jet website and they have some for sale, but the dimensions they give for the kennels they are selling are larger than the dimensions given for kennels allowed on board. (explain that!) I called and they have kennels in Calgary, but they would need to Fed Ex it out to me at a cost of about $15. I asked why they couldn't just put it on one of the several planes they have coming from Calgary to Regina a day, she didn't know except that's not how they do it. (that would be too easy)
After being in almost every pet store in the city, and arriving at the last one 1 minute after they closed I had come to the conclusion that I had three options.
1. Buy the cheapest carrier (at about $40, not so cheap) but I wasn't really thrilled with the quality of this one, I wasn't sure that Sarah wouldn't fall through the bottom of it at some point in the trip.
2. Buy the West Jet one, a huge hassle and wondering if it will make it here in time. ($75 plus taxes and shipping)

3. Suck it up and buy the expensive one and hope it fits under the seat. ($87.49 plus tax)

Unfortunately after I got home I looked online and found the EXACT same carrier on Ebay for $27, even with shipping costs included this would be a great deal, I'm tempted to order it and take it back to the store after I get home.
No comments:
Post a Comment