Your present circumstances don't determine where you can go; they merely determine where you start.
Nido Qubein

Someone's sitting in the shade today because someone planted a tree a long time ago.
Warren Buffett


Sunday, August 31, 2008

We've Arrived!!

Well, I don't recommend taking a 6am flight, they wanted Sarah and I at the airport at 4am. YIKES!! So the solution was that I didn't sleep at all that night, I just stayed up until it was time to go to the airport. I gave Sarah a sedative at 4am and at 5:30am at the airport she was still crying, not the constant wailing that you've all heard at one time or another, but an intermittent yelp for help. I gave her another 1/4 a pill to try to quiet her down some more. The flights were really unremarkable, she behaved, I slept and in Calgary between flights I went into the handicapped bathroom and let her out of her kennel.



We arrived in Abbottsford and Giles picked us up and we met Shannon at Peace Arch border crossing. Shannon, the girls and I walked around the gardens while Giles took Sarah back to Bellingham to the kennels at the clinic. We all then went to the Pacific Northwest Exhibition which is really like a big fair and it was good, there were some neat things to see including the Superdogs which were fantastic!! There was a guy doing freestyle dance with his dog, it was like nothing I'd ever seen before, well worth a watch.

After that Shannon and the girls went home and Giles and I stopped at Duty Free and then went through the border.

No comments: