Your present circumstances don't determine where you can go; they merely determine where you start.
Nido Qubein
Someone's sitting in the shade today because someone planted a tree a long time ago.
Warren Buffett
Nido Qubein
Someone's sitting in the shade today because someone planted a tree a long time ago.
Warren Buffett
Friday, August 15, 2008
Prayer Group
One of the girls at work has a prayer group which she started 7 years ago. She is going on maternity leave in October so she has asked me to take over the group, she actually talked to Michelle and said that she would like me to do it because she thinks that I am on the same page as her as to how the group should go. I thought that was quite flattering.
We had 8 people at the group and we went around in a circle giving our concerns to God and then we went around again and said what we were thankful for. One of the ladies is on oxygen and she thanked God for being able to breathe, she said she asks God to help her breathe every night and every morning she is thankful that she has woken up again. I was almost in tears, I couldn't help but think of those of us who want money, prestige and "things". This lady just wants to be able to breathe.... wow. Puts things into perspective.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment