Wow, all I can say is wow.... I went out for supper tonight and taped this show expecting to fast forward through most of the singing and guest singers as usual and finding out who won in a lot less than the 2 1/4 hours it took to tell everyone else who watched.
I was wrong. So very wrong.
The show started off with Queen Latifa who I must admit I fast forwarded through, then last years Idol sang while I washed dishes. Then after that I became completely and utterly enthralled in the show and stayed up far too late and only forwarded through the commercials.
The show in my opinion had something for everyone, and in spite of what the idiot Canwest News Service reporter said I thought it was much more than "not half bad". The same idiot thought there were "some timely appearances by established guest artists". Established guest artists? WTH? That is like calling the Mona Lisa "a painting".
Other seasons I think they've tried, (I was excited about Meatloaf being on the one show til I heard him sing...lol), but this year they hit it out of the park. I was impressed with Cyndi Lauper and Keith Urban, Fergie and the Black Eyed Peas and I enjoyed Lionel Ritchie and his duet with Danny Gokey. When Adam came out singing 'Beth' I thought that was too much to hope for... but no, it really happened... KISS came out... freaking KISS!!!!! I actually said something outloud in my empty apartment when KISS came out. They were followed by Carlos Santana, Steve Martin and Rod Stewart. I think I watched the whole show with a huge smile on my face.
The show was like a "your life in song" for anyone over 30.
Maybe the reporter who wrote on this was under 25, maybe he is new on the job, maybe he gets his job performance reviews from the same people who think it is acceptable to print fatal car accidents on the front page of the Regina paper (another vent for another time).
I didn't think it was fair how so many people were saying that Adam was the only one who deserved it and if he didn't win... blah blah blah... I think it turned out for the best, Kris is someone who they will be able to label and sell, Adam will do fine, but I think he is better off on his own that to have to worry about what the powers that be at Idol think.
I'm glad that I taped the finale of American Idol, I may in fact watch it again!
No comments:
Post a Comment