Your present circumstances don't determine where you can go; they merely determine where you start.
Nido Qubein

Someone's sitting in the shade today because someone planted a tree a long time ago.
Warren Buffett


Friday, May 8, 2009

Graduation Day

A friend of mine was going through police college, we went to his grad today, I was thrilled to be included and I went with the intention of being some help with their four kidlets who were there. We watched the drill inspection and parade and then we a demonstration of their fitness and defensive tactics. I was absolutely amazed, some of that fitness stuff was crazy, the amount of pushups they did, and the difficulty of them was enough to ensure I will never be applying to the police force (not that I think there was any danger of that anyway).
We then went to the ceremony which was short and sweet and to the point. The kids were so well behaved, they did keep saying "hi dad" when he went by in the marching drill, but it was at the grad ceremony which took the cake. Their mother was incredibly prepared with backpacks for each with books and crayons and colouring pages, thing is one small girl also found a pair of orange swimming goggles in her backpack. Her mother and I looked at each other and knew exactly what was coming next. Sure enough, on they went, her mother and I were laughing so hard yet trying to be quiet, I was snorting I was laughing so hard but I suspect the others around us were laughing too. One small girl watched the rest of the ceremony with a pair of orange swimming goggles over her eyes.


Congratulations my friend, wishing you a long and safe career doing something you love.

No comments: