Your present circumstances don't determine where you can go; they merely determine where you start.
Nido Qubein

Someone's sitting in the shade today because someone planted a tree a long time ago.
Warren Buffett


Friday, October 10, 2008

The police just left my house

I got home from work today and sat down and turned on the news. Turns out the car backfiring I heard last night were gunshots. A couple of guys tried to rob a couple who were using the drive thru bank machine. I heard the shots and went and looked out my balcony window and saw a suburban go screeching through the parking lot. I called the police and they called me back a couple of hours later. A policeman showed up and came in and was writing up a statement. He commented on how few people were home that evening, I said, it is Friday night, somepeople have lives... some stay home and clean on a friday night. (that is what I was doing) He laughed and said that he stays home friday nights too. Sarah even came out and had to check out what he was doing which I thought was unusual for her. He wanted all kinds of information, including what kind of car I drove and my license number, of course I couldn't remember my license number or find the registration. I did ask if that got me one free speeding ticket.. :)

Shortly after he left two more policemen showed up at the door and I told them that I had already given a statement... in one evening I've had more men in my apartment than I've had since I've moved here!!

The worrying thing is that I use that ATM all the time, I've used it many many times after dark. I take my garbage out late at night and don't think twice about it. I guess I will from now on, I always thought I lived in the safe part of town.

No comments: