Your present circumstances don't determine where you can go; they merely determine where you start.
Nido Qubein
Someone's sitting in the shade today because someone planted a tree a long time ago.
Warren Buffett
Nido Qubein
Someone's sitting in the shade today because someone planted a tree a long time ago.
Warren Buffett
Monday, December 22, 2008
Arrived Safely
Well today went as well as it could, I started phoning West Jet at 10am even thought they told us not to phone til noon. I got through on my second try and the girl on the phone was so helpful and she actually got me on a flight for this evening. She did advise me to go to the airport very early. I got a late checkout at the hotel and when I went downstairs at 1pm they weren't very concerned about it, as they had a lobby full of people who didn't know if they were staying or leaving and couldn't get through to anyone on the phone. I jumped in a cab with two other girls, one got a flight for Christmas Day and one couldn't get through to anyone at all, so didn't know when she'd be leaving. (Both were trying to go to Comox as well.) We got to the airport (a $57 cab ride) wished each other luck and parted ways. I ran into a man from the night before and he managed to get a flight the next morning, so he'd checked into the Delta next to the airport and was quite pleased that he'd get a night in Calgary with friends. (did I mention yesterday that he was going to Comox as well to see his parents and he lives in Candle Lake and grew up in PA in the same area I did... he went to PACI). I got a boarding pass and hung around the airport using my food vouchers to buy copious amounts of Starbucks coffee. (the only way I can afford more than 1 a week is to have someone else buy them..lol) As expected the plane was late so I made my way to the gate and waited and waited and eventually I put my backpack under my head and my jacket over me and had a nap in the corner on the floor. I woke up with a start and saw it was 6:30pm and the flight was supposed to leave at 6:15, thankfully they were just boarding so I made it on the flight. We had an uneventful flight and arrived safely. Dad was there to meet me and when we went outside I had certainly not expected the amount of snow that greeted me. I couldn't believe there were feet of snow on the roofs of all the cars, the sides of the streets had piles so high you couldn't see over them... wow. Very very icy as well. I'm glad I'm here, safely, no worse for wear, in plenty of time for Christmas.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment