Your present circumstances don't determine where you can go; they merely determine where you start.
Nido Qubein

Someone's sitting in the shade today because someone planted a tree a long time ago.
Warren Buffett


Friday, June 12, 2009

Seriously?

Don't ask why, but I watched "I'm a celebrity get me out of here". Well, not so much watched it as just had it on while I was doing dishes. If you haven't watched this yet, don't waste your time, I felt like I was losing brain cells the longer the show was on.

It sort of looked like they were trying to copy Survivor with reward challenges and immunity challenges. This one challenge, not sure which it was involved two women against two men, they had to saw through a huge log with a two man saw and then get something from around the log which had a math problem, they would do the math problem and the solution would be the combination to a lock which they had to open. Now, first of all the women sawed through the log faster than the men which was surprising, but when they both opened the math problem I had to actually stop what I was doing to watch because I couldn't believe what I was hearing.

The math problem looked something like this : 124 + 566 - 384 - 495 + 495 - 384 + 495 - 485

The women were doing their best to manage the problem in their head, I think it took them a couple of times before they got it right. The men on the other hand had a few more challenges. One being that Billy Baldwin was one of the men on the team, I didn't know who the other one was. BB wanted first crack at the math problem but it wasn't until we heard his partner talking that we discover that he thinks the way to solve this is to add all the "negative" numbers and add all the "positive" numbers and then subtract them from each other for the answer.

Seriously?? Seriously??

Are there really adults who can't solve a fairly simple addition and subtraction problem?? WOW!

Actually I take back my first statement, if you want to feel like you should fill out an application for Mensa, then watch this show, just once.

No comments: