I bet that more people in Saskatchewan didn't think that they would ever be cheering quite so hard for the Calgary Stampeders to win a football game. I am not a football fan, but since living in Regina, I do find myself being sucked into the whole hoopla. I actually watch some of the games (usually the 3rd and 4th quarters) so I have something to add to the conversation at work the next day, but I'm finding that I'm starting to actually understand what is going on. Not a good understanding, but a couple of the residents are very patient with my questions and give me the answers without outwardly marvelling in my stupidity. I use the fact that I didn't grow up in Regina as an excuse for my lack of knowledge about the game. I know that Dad tried to explain a little when I bothered to ask, but like most men he isn't a big fan of having someone ask questions of him while he is watching the game.
We are having a home playoff game!!! YAY!!! Probably even more pleased than me are the people who had to buy tickets for the game before they even knew there was going to be a game!!
No comments:
Post a Comment