Eight years ago today actually last night I was anxiously waiting for a phone call from a friend's father telling me she had had her baby. Finally about 1am I got a call saying that mother and daughter were fine and had narrowly escaped a c-section.
A few weeks before, I was visiting with her and we stayed up late into the night discussing names and nicknames (not that I was part of the decision) and we didn't know if she was a boy or a girl. That is such an exciting time, not knowing what is to come, and sort of miraculous because you can love just the promise of someone, without even knowing who they are.
I remember meeting darling Elizabeth for the first time, when I came into the house, she was asleep in a bassinette in the living room, a little bundle of perfection. I remember her christening where I was honoured to be her godmother. I remember her first birthday at her Grandma's house. I remember walking around the small town they lived in wearing her in the snuggly.
Since then she has grown into the most delightful, caring, smart little lady who is always ready with a smile and a hug or cuddle. I can't believe that she is growing so quickly and I can't wait to see what the next 8 years bring for her.
Happy Birthday my dear dear Beth.
No comments:
Post a Comment