Your present circumstances don't determine where you can go; they merely determine where you start.
Nido Qubein

Someone's sitting in the shade today because someone planted a tree a long time ago.
Warren Buffett


Wednesday, March 18, 2009

I have wonderful friends

~"I wonder what Piglet is doing," thought Pooh. "I wish I were there to be doing it, too." ~
~ Winnie the Pooh

I am so lucky, I am so blessed to have such wonderful friends. Some of my friends don't live close by, but I know there are there if and when I need them, no questions asked. I don't know how I ended up being so lucky. I remember being in grade school and after a fight with my "best" friends I told Mum that I wasn't sure I'd ever have a "best" friend, she told me that sometimes you don't find your best friend until you are a grown up and she was right! If I'd only known then that my best friends were busy growing up in other cities and it would take a while for our paths to cross. (ok, one grew up in the same city)

I have friends who are my soft place to land when I need it.
I have friends who give me tough love when I need it. (well, a soft version of tough love)
I have friends who make me laugh until my stomach hurts.
I have friends who let me cry when I need to.
I have friends who will just sit with me if I'm not ready to talk yet and will chat about anything and everything else until I'm ready.
I have friends who just let me talk until I sort of figure things out, and then they push me in the right direction.
I have friends who I know no matter where we live will always be a part of my life.

Thank you to my special friends


~“If ever there is tomorrow when we're not together.. there is something you must always remember. you are braver than you believe, stronger than you seem, and smarter than you think. but the most important thing is, even if we're apart.. i'll always be with you.”~
~ Winnie the Pooh

1 comment:

B said...

I have a wonderful friend too!