
Happy Birthday Emily!
Eight years ago today at mid afternoon, we got the phone call saying that little Emily Bryn had arrived. She wasn't supposed to arrive until June, so this news was thrilling, mixed with some concern. Little Emily made her appearance weighing in at 2lb 7oz, Giles said that she had a good set of lungs and that Shannon wasn't as well. They had ended up doing an emergency c-section as Shannon had toxemia. Dad phoned the Grannies(great grannies) before it got too late, and I asked if he was going to call Mum at work. His response was that "she will be home soon." a comment that I'm not sure he will ever live down. I ended up phoning Mum who was beyond thrilled. Mum and Dad had just arrived home from England but Mum booked a flight and was down with her new grandaughter within days. Emily was in the NICU for several weeks, but being a little fighter she did amazingly well and is now a beautiful, healthy, smart, inquisitive and charming 8 year old. I remember feeling very strange when I said the words, "my brother's daughter" and when I met her in September it was amazing to hold a little person who was blood related, who in a roundabout way was part of me.


1 comment:
So..umm..I started tearing up when I saw the picture of gile's hands...I so remember all of this.
Post a Comment